- 1 lb. broccoli (about 1 large or 2 medium heads)
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, cut lengthwise into ½”-thick slices
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1 oz. Parmesan, finely grated (about ¼ cup)
Preheat oven to 400°/200C/180C fan oven. Cut the broccoli into florets.
Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large heatproof skillet over medium-high. Add broccoli; season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until broccoli is bright green and lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out skillet.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium. Cook onion and garlic, stirring often, until onion is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add anchovies and cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until broken down and garlic is beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Return broccoli to skillet and toss to coat with oil. Transfer to oven and roast, tossing once, until broccoli is browned and tender, 20–25 minutes. Wrap handle of skillet with a towel before you forget it’s REALLY HOT.
- Scatter Parmesan over hot broccoli. Divide among plates. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.